Opening the classifieds

This post isn't about me looking in newspapers, though I'm sure the title probably made you think of such, sorry about that.

What I am posting about is the truth behind JQ's delay. A major problem occurred with how I "coded it", and basically one of the buttons misfires thus sending you back to somewhere you've already beaten, with things you've already unlocked locked again. The only solution I've found thus far is to recopy and make a replica easy mode, which though works, means I need to recode every answer for every question in easy mode. Thats 8 questions at 3 answers = 24 changes. Add that to the not-even started last mode, and you can see why it's behind schedule again. That's one thing I forgot to factor in about video game design: Things don't always go perfectly.
The good news is the Gallery is already done, so once I get this small son of a glitch fixed, I can get finishing that last mode and hopefully still hit have it ready soonish.

Seriously though, life lesson learned.

Also yeah I'm not actually going to go into the unwritten Riccy Rules, they're just a concept I've been toying with and yeah don't worry about it.

If you've read through all that, for what it's worth, I will also say that I have refined my resume and are just having my mother look at it to make sure its alright and then will be doing the sending of resumes.


3 comments:

  1. Hey, setbacks happen! God luck with job hunting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True :P Though the amount of setbacks that have occurred with making this silly game is insane, and I was really hoping to have it go smooth and be ready by my birthday :P But, like you said, setbacks happen, gotta just roll with it. I suppose the same sort of things will happen in job hunting, but ah well, thats life :P Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I am really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your weblog.
    Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself?

    Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it is
    rare to see a nice blog like this one today.
    My site > Inscriere in peste 2300 pagini - Promovare web

    ReplyDelete