The Bonkers Fiasco

It's nothing new to get bumped or scratched at work. It's one of my many qualms with my job, that it's nature is dealing with overly heavy products mixed with impatient and often absent minded people. It's with no surprise that I should end up bonked on the head due to this not so rare happenstance.

Whenever I get hurt, I usually assess it right away. What could I do differently to avoid it? why'd it happen? What did I learn?
The one thing I typically do not do is report it. And that is why this post exists.

I made the "mistake" (I see it that way but it was a good mistake) of telling my coworker about it, who then told me to go tell my boss. Soon I was writing up a report on what happened and what time and stuff. Checks happened thereafter to make sure I was still doing okay.
I got a lecture as well about needing to always report, as its a double sword of bad for both parties if I do not. They get fined, I get no compensation claim.
I went to the doctor this morning as a JIC, it was indeed just a bump on the head. More forms, more fun.

So abridged version is don't get hurt. But if you inevitably do, do the forms. Its a lesser of two evils.

wee education train express



3 comments:

  1. well, if you report it the store can hopefully make it safer in future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that wat happens when u work with wood i suppose

      Delete
    2. Yeah I suppose, though how do you prevent people from making poor decisions? Mind control's expensive :P
      But true, some things the store could maybe learn from. Maybe.

      And true Jay. long and heavy objects + any person who can afford em = my job, also pain

      Delete