RIpieces

Yesterday after work, I tried going on my computer and watching Youtube vids as I normally do. While doing so, my computer froze solid. Mouse wouldn't move, keyboard was moot. I restarted, and it worked normally again.
For about 20 minutes.
Then it froze again. And again. Then it, instead of freezing, just restarted.
I put it in safe mode to see what was going on, and it claimed some network issue was behind it.
My cousin tried to fix it, then we decided that maybe this was a sign to install a new OS.

So I dumped my files to his portable, and we installed kubuntu (Linux). At first the internet gave issue, but it turned out to be a wireless usb internet stick that didnt work with linux, which was replaced successfully.
The new setup worked...until the monitors started to black out randomly.
And thus we figured out..my motherboard was malfunctioning.

Now I'm deciding wether to buy new computer, new parts to replace the broken motherboard, or buy a second-hand from a trusted source.
All I can say is, my comp is toast, and its happened so fast. Damn curveballs.


ps yes the gary folder is safe and continues to live on

4 comments: