Lady of Glass

My mom got hurt again today.

Aptly named the "lady of glass", my mom fell while trying to cross a crosswalk. She was scurrying because of an impatient bus driver revving his engine. She's cut and bruised up, and it took a good samaritan to get her up and home.

It's a bit frustrating since she's been in healing mode since December. Following a major surgery, she was set back when she contracted sepsis from hospital malpractice. Now she's recovered from that, and starting to heal...or was, anyway.
As well, she's recently gone back to work. They're starting her out slow, but they re-did their system while she was out of commission, and the new one basically puts all the commonly used product on the highest shelf. Abridged version: she's hurting herself from work too.

All this frustrates me since I want my mom to heal, partly because I love her, and partly (and more selfishly) because in her times of ailment, I'm her main fallback. I owe her for years of taking me, which I accept, but when stupidity like above keeps occuring, it makes me want to punch a wall.
She was healing so good...!

And before you pitch lawyers and lawsuits to me, I pitched that to her. Assertiveness and justice play second to financial security and realism in this household, as I now know.

C'est la vie.

If you wanna really hear a story, ask me about the "dentists" who broke my teeth and told me I had five cavities. That's one for another post.

2 comments: