Bump shifts

Its sometimes amazing to realize how much things have changed from not even a year ago.

I recently have had issue when having to deal with what I refer to as 'bump shifts'. These are essentially work shifts that double in size while at work due to another employee calling in sick and my work not wanting to own up to their own mistake so they 'give me the option' (read: guilt trip) to stay so they don't have to call anyone. When this happens I get frustrated to no end, and always come home in a crappy mood. What makes it worse is that it seems my mom always get caught in my fury, similarly how she gets mad at my cousin when she gets upset about something.
Fun to see learned behavior work subconsciously. Now then, need to fix it...

I compare this event to the day in and out of Hometown and hometown's work. Things were so much worse that bump shifts didn't even phase me. In some cases they were needed because I was always running out of money. I was so exhausted from life itself that I had zero fight in me for anything. I had accepted all the things I did because I mentally couldnt do anything else.

New City is wonderful but it took suffering in Hometown to see what I had. I forever say I needed the time in Hometown for a multitude of reasons. And still miss it, despite what happened. (But moving back is still an event that will not happen unless the circumstances permit.)




1 comment: