Granite City Stories

Since being home, I've been back on a Minecraft kick. Inspired to design, I've managed to make a little city that actually has a tiny economy and a bit of storyline to it.
I'm finding that making story and backstory in the game makes it more interesting, as there's more to just the blocks.

 

I have looked into living back in Hometown after next semester and the practicum, either to live temporarily for the practicum or more permanently post-practicum. The latter option would be eons more difficult as I'm in much the same situation now as I was when I moved back here, financially speaking. School has run me dry and I still don't want to mix work and school, based on the past failure.
And the former option is dependent on a few factors, though the latter is dependent on even more factors, so both could potentially flop. But the idea is sound!

Cya in the Year In Review.

3 comments:

  1. Well, if you're done school and can find a job, you should be able to hack it in Hometown if you want to! Budgeting is key, maybe try to not live with your uncle in such a hard to access area. And learning how to cook a few healthy and cheap meals while at home still would be a good idea too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://boards.4chan.org/ck/

      Delete
    2. In theory true, and yeah realistic transport and budgeting are two major factors I'm keeping in mind. I know New City is going to do everything in their power to make here more enticing, and I'll admit I'd rather take the easy street and have more things in my corner than the hard road with nothing but thankless grind. I'll have to see how things go, but I thought I'd pitch the idea as I mentioned it before and it could easily get turned into a far incorrect rumor.

      Delete