Professional Hobbyist

I recently made and published a secret project, only to get a taste of reality as it got a bad rating. (And got one hell of a scathing review..!)

I've been mainly animating a bunch as of late. Knowing broadcast standards helped me make properly sized high-image-quality videos. I can't call em straight up high quality, heh. Maybe someday.

It's been my response to my wall of a job search. My sister in comparison recently got hired full-time, so she'll have a job right after college. I've returned to the hobby of back in the day, and finally wised up to not put all my eggs in game development. Well, Dyland's ideas awakened it and is really the person to blame thank for the resurgence in the hobby.

I doubt it's going to go anywhere, but it's at least keeping me busy, and it'll require me to keep working with video and audio editing. At least I can say I'm (In Theory) getting industry-required time experience.

In the back of my mind I worry I'll fizzle out and not animate anymore, but the secret project is a blessing in disguise, as it's a challenge to make me come to terms that things I make will never publish as greatly as I always seem to think.
Making past this means I'm getting better at persevering.

No Jay I'm not making Basketball Tales.

ps hi peter

9 comments:

  1. whats basket ball tales

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Eric, get a pop filter. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pop filter is all that divides me from front page posting rights.

      Too bad, really.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. PJ: Annoying me solves everything apperently :D. Probably why people do it so much.

      Delete
  3. I mean, haters gonna hate, right? And anyway I think it's more important to make something at all regardless of whether it's good or not. Because once you've started making things, then you can look at them and try to improve upon them each time. And I thought the lip syncing was pretty good actually! It was nice to see your finished project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Dat. Yeah I wanna improve for sure, ad minimum if people's qualms are things I know how to fix then I should be fixing em lol. Thanks, glad you thought so! And thanks for watching it!

      Delete