The Storm

Over a month long break from PTE posting.
I gotta admit, it was a good plan, because now I have lots to post about.

It wasn't an intentional break either. Now living again again in Hometown, I've been really trying to figure life out. I achieved the dream, finally being with a certain someone. But now it's led to a whole new set of challenges.

First, Survival. Going broke is not an option. Not having work is not an option. But finding work so far has been a really rough go.
I've been lucky enough to have friends helping me out. Both in trying to find work and to keep me going. But things have been a roller coaster, and I've had an equal or greater difficult time with this as I have had with New City over the past 2 years.
Some things never change.

Second, Social. Now that I've moved in with someone whom I've waited to be with for over 5 years, we find we want to spend a lot of time together.
This means though I haven't visited with some friends as much. And other friends I've ruffled feathers, as they don't especially enjoy the 'package deal'.
The silver lining is her and I have gotten along very well, and overall things have been smooth sailing.

Third, Situation. Space is tight, but we're doing our best. The next move is at the back of my mind, but until the first point is figured out, this third point does nothing but eat at me. Plus I know there's many things for me to figure out beyond that, but with everything else on my plate, beyond things are moot for now.
That doesn't mean my mind stops worrying though. Ah well.

So there's a little window into how things are going. It's not the gut-punch year 2 was for certain. Having a certain someone has made all the difference.
But it remains the challenge it always was. I'd better not disappoint.


I'm curious: How do you feel about hanging out with a couple vs. the individual friend? Should a friend group change because of a significant other moving back? Why/Why not?
Opinions make good comments. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

3 comments:

  1. It's nice to have you back! For what it's worth, I a) don't feel like I haven't seen you enough because I'm pretty bad about setting up get togethers as it is and b) am fine with hanging out with both of you at once, especially since I was already friends with both of you :P
    I think that in a situation like my group of friends, there have always been couples in the group, and we always want to know our friends' significant others, so the partner becoming part of the friend group is okay there.
    If that was never the case in a different friend group, I think it's good practice to ask if it's okay to bring the other person along, especially if it's a group thing. For individual hangouts, the friend might feel like a third wheel. If a person feels bothered by the fact that you aren't spending as much time one on one, you could try explaining that you still really value their friendship and want to hang out one on one again, but right now you've been away from your partner for 5 years, want to spend as much time as possible with them for a while, and you'll make sure to schedule some one on one time once you've gotten used to your situation.

    As far as everything else, well, I've come to believe that being in your 20s is all about struggling XD so keep on keeping on. I'm sure you'll find some work, and as far as space being tight just hold on a bit longer. Try not to stress about what you can't change, and focus on what you can change, like working on your resume and getting in touch with more places for employment. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, nice to be back! That is greatly helpful, and I'll be working on that :)
      Gotcha, I'll take that all to heart.

      It really is!! You too. Thanks, yeah good point. I'm not so worried about space, but I know eventually my stuff will come back to haunt me haha.
      Thank you!

      Delete
    2. listen to andrew wk we are all in this together https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMnZ66a4kAU

      Delete