Hop, Skip, and a Thump

Yesterday I nearly broke my ankle.

Firstly you should know, it would've been my own undoing. I like to hop whenever it's convenient.
Anyway, I was hopping down from a ledge and landed wrong. I landed sideways on my ankle. It certainly was a sharp pain, but I didn't put my whole weight down. As I realized how I landed, I essentially shifted my weight back to my right foot while quickly correcting my left foot.

I could tell things were okay, since I could still walk on it. But it certainly was a close call.

It just reminds me of when I started re-learning skiing. One of the first runs I skied, the snow was hard and lumpy. Unsurprisingly, I lost my balance as I tried to grind through it. From my uncle's retelling, I apparently flailed with my legs moving in every direction, like a rag-doll. Somehow, I managed to get back up after, and keep skiing.

I'm going to miss these days when I can no longer 'walk it off '.















No comments:

Post a Comment