RO Music REview: Base 50





Title: Base 50 (Riccy's Base)
Released: August 12, 2008
Genre: Industrial
 
This screams title screen for an early 2000s FPS game. That's my now impression.
It's certainly got a slick and dark vibe to it. It's of course repetitive and loopy, but it's upbeat enough to not become too grinding on the ear.
Some effort choices are oddly fitting, but certainly only for this song, and are otherwise not  overall super pleasant. 
The 1:30 mark onward has too much overlapped noise. 
The intro and first "Chorus" are definitely the highlights here. Very good opening hook.
But will it keep someone for the entire 2 minutes? Not so likely I think.

Love the vibe ultimately though. 

Rating: 6/10

2 comments:

  1. I certainly agree with that last line, I love the vibe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listen to it again! Unfortunately I have too many songs that start with 'Ba', you heard Bassy! (By Accident™)
      This issue has been remedied.

      Delete