Math 1500

So I finally finished the diagnostic test for that math class. It took a solid 3 hours, it was 50 questions long and it. was. a. challenge.

There was many things which I did not understand, which I recorded what concepts those were (loosely because some i couldn't even tell WHAT I didn't understand). There's about 6-7 things I'll have to work on to make my base for math stronger.
I also guessed for many questions and actually managed to get a few right. That was only luck though, cant rely on that. (But it proves that you should always answer the question, even if its a total shot in the dark)

As for the test, I scored 22 out of 50, or 44%. When I was in Math Pure 30, My mark was consistently 46%. Therefore I'm exactly where I was in grade 12, and it's exactly where I thought I'd be.

I'm going to talk to a councillor, and see my options. I will likely be stuck in the class, but will go into a side program called math 0500, which will try to bring me 'up to speed'. I've also talked to my mother about this, and we made a deal: I'll try my hardest and best, and if I'm still not getting anywhere, I can drop the course, to save my GPA from being...well...trash. It would be a backup, and of course, if I'm not trying my hardest and I just fail, that option also disappears.

NO PRESSURE OR ANYTHING

BRB MENTAL BREAKDOWN

2 comments:

  1. Eric! Fight-o!

    Srsly though, getting a tutor to help you would be a good plan.

    ReplyDelete