Static in the radio project

While making strong headway with the Radio project, I stumbled upon complex issues:
I realized that making the file a giant mp3 would make skipping songs (because not every song fits every moment) impossible. This rendered my method moot. As well, I never thought of it, but the vocal bits could become tiresome as well, hearing them over and over.

This has made making 'true' radio for CD useless, thus for the CDs I've scrapped the idea and are now just burning the plain music on the discs and labelling them after the stations.

However, that leaves me wondering about the mp3 chunks. I've also created a bunch of logos for the radio stations, figuring that if I were posting them as videos, something like a logo to stare at would be better than a black screen or something lesser. I may still make the mp3 chunks and post them to PTE, still deciding on that bit. Regardless, if all else fails, the logos and info about what thought went into the stations will be posted. (as with the logos and info, theres no issue of any copyright qualms)

Expect one more post about this radio business thing. It's certainly given me much to think about in terms of audio engineering. And radio itself.


4 comments:

  1. Too bad it didn't work out the way you planned, but it was still a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, happy to hear you thought it was cool :)

      Delete
  2. dont worry ull make it happen you can do anything if u try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rofl appreciated man, it just seems like lost efforts. Still on the fence of how I'll play it out

      Delete