The Mystery Clock

I in all my infinite luck, have a clopen shift today-tomorrow. For those not familiar with the term, clopen is 2 shifts which happen within 12 or less hours between them, one being a closing or close to closing shift and the other being opening or close to opening. Due to the low amount of time between them, seen as one shift. And typically garnering whining and agony due to its effect on sleep. (Sometimes creating a lack thereof, leading to an even rougher morning shift...)

Whining aside, this month thus far has been very productive and business. Organizing things for August, rearranging Base 50, withdrawing from college so it doesn't conflict with uni, writing letters, you get the idea.

And of course, The Mystery Clock.
With less than 2 days until it runs out, I must






5 comments:

  1. Clopen shifts are basically the reason I can't imagine working retail full time. Anyways, nice to hear you're feeling productive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, Full time retail would probably turn me postal. Or at least highly apathetic and burnt.
      Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. I have Clopen shifts every week this month *sobs* Why does a bookstore need to be open until 11pm on a Friday night?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes, very sorry to hear :( Is there any way of changing your availability to avoid that? My guess is for the coffee area? though if they close earlier then I have no idea, some flawed-logic reason I'd imagine.

      Delete
    2. It's for the restaurant, yes. It just seems bizzare to me that the entire store has to be open so late just so the restaurant can be open. The bookstore usually is entirely empty and it's pointless for it to be open.
      I don't think I can really do anything about it. It's just for the summer, but it sucks.

      Delete