Monday Crew

I've been having difficulties writing my radio shows lately, as the program I have to follow changed and it's wrecking my face in.
Abbridged version: I gotta jump from 5 minutes total talk time to OVER 20.
remember FNWER? remember how I can't make a vlog over 2 minutes ever
yeah.

I've gone through some radical ideas, most crazy a plan where I contemplated just voicing PTE posts on air.
Unfortunently, though PTE passes the 'no swearing' rule, it is too context-less for air. Thus, no PTE posts to air. (yay?)

I'll still be working out ideas, but sorry in advance from here if next weeks show is messy. WE GOING EXPERIMENTAL just like some blog you know...

In other news, a quick follow up to the last post: Yes I withheld from posting for a week to try to give maximum time for voting. The poll never closes! But this post will be the last to refer to it, at least for a little while. (PTE research shows making every post about the same thing doesn't fair well comment-wise. But it's not all about the comments. maybe.)
So far, Most people have chosen staying at home, which I can definitely understand. Theoretically that is the decision I should have made in 2011, as moving certainly led to every downside each other plan describes happening to me. That said, moving also led to meeting a certain someone, as well as learning many things about the real world, information so invaluable I have a hard time remembering how I lived without it.
Ultimately, there is no right answer. Just a question of BUT WHICH CHALLENGE DO YOU CHOOSE?

I've also found that every Monday a group of fellow broadcasters + LL + another mutual friend has been slowly growing in size. In contrast to my high school days, (and to my Hometown days..) I find this kind of amazing, how we're all sort of connecting and stuff.
I'm being a weirdo yeah i get it but c'mon it's like the reverse of what I'm used to.
WOO MONDAY CREW
I'll try not saying those words too much don't wanna seem a loser.

Next post I'll discuss my next year courses maybe


6 comments:

  1. Nice to hear you've found some cool people to hang with! As for your radio shows, a suggestion based on what I've heard on radio before is like, pick some kind of random topic, or something relevant (egs. Halloween costumes), and then talk about weird/funny experiences. Like, weirdest/best Halloween costumes you've ever seen. (You can search the internet and lie about your experiences if you want, lol. I've also heard people have listeners phone in, idk if you can do that.) You could also try like, searching buzzfeed or something for ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And very good points, I will try to keep the concept of topics in mind.

      Also I've found inspiration in SSX games and GTA games, their attempt at fake radio stations actually does raise valid ideas. K-day = future? Welcome to PTE

      Delete
  2. I haven't had the chance to actually listen to your radio show yet (stupid work), but a common element used on radio shows is dragging out a topic over a longer period of time by breaking it up. For example, reading a top 10 list. Instead of just reading it straight through, you read the first couple, play a song, recap what you're talking about, read the next few, play a few more songs, and so on. Because you are constantly recapping what you were talking about (in case someone just tuned in) it draws out a topic for longer than it would last otherwise.

    Another idea is to watch "Good Mythical Morning". It's a daily YouTube show done by Rhett and Link that is nearly unedited that lasts around 10 minutes. They do it every day, and come up with strange topics to discuss. Obviously there are differences since this has a visual element, and has a strong amount of dialogue, but it could act as inspiration. :)
    I'm not sure if I make any sense, but yeah, YouTube videos could help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know, though Im no fan of drag-outs either, it is a legit angle to consider.

      Also remember when I was discussing the topics thing for PTE? I enjoy how things are going full circle with radio stuff now haha. Also very good point, youtube is helping. And you always make sense? You need to be more incoherent for me to not understand :P

      Delete
    2. No fan of drag-outs. * Assuming is fun.

      Delete
  3. PTE is as true blue as jennys eyes

    ReplyDelete