Pain of the Sole Variety


 This weekend marks the final weekend of outdoor work for me. There on out, I'll be indoors. But, because some days have been cripplingly cold, I've gotten me newish boots.
They're second hand, but they were one of those 'Fit perfectly and look new and can't leave the store without it' type of things. The worst, really.
They're working great, but I had to finagle the inserts they required. I tried following the insole cut-out exactly for the first one. I tried it on, and my foot kept slipping off, like I was wearing a too-small flip flop. I made it wider on the second, which worked great. I left the first one and decided to see if it'd work out during a shopping trip with my mom and grandmother.
Abridged version is I ultimately had to fix it, because the slipping made me step poorly and caused my knee to buckle. Pain was had. This and a certain other pair of shoes has continued to prove: one cannot mess around with incorrect shoes.

1 comment: