Ponder Wonder

 I was recently asked a question that I'm not sure if I was ever asked.

Why is this blog called "The Paper Train Express?"

The greatest reason was, when I searched up the title, nobody had taken it before. I wanted this blog to be easily found, but also uniquely named, which was no easy feat.
The specific words were chosen based on a combination of interests and purpose:

"Train" because I enjoy trains. I'm not die-hard into miniature sets and don't know every name of every locomotive, but I like their function, their look, the way they've helped shape and grow cities and towns.

"Paper" because I saw the blank post page like a piece of blank loose-leaf in a journal. As well, I foresaw PTE as a news-type outlet, though the extent it would be wasn't planned.

Finally, "Express", because I intended posts to be a quick read. Pictures helped with that, being they could summarize part of or an entire post with whatever reaction images I pulled from the net. (Or drew, but back then I was posting too much to keep up with drawings. Now I'd have to get carpal tunnel to catch up with old posts, so it's a tricky situation that I'm still looking into.)

 So there you have it. I figured this post would be suitable for today, since today marks the 9th anniversary of this blog.
I know, it's hard to believe for me too. It's all thanks to you, the PTE readers. Somehow always curious what I'm up to next. I can't guarantee I'll be able to keep up posting too constantly, though after doing the filtering and post combing, I've realized that a lot of the posts in the years with highest post counts are filler: being either just a picture, just a feature (Lookin' at you spoiler/button posts), or  a news-style update.
What I can take from that: PTE is as good as it's ever been!
Or PTE was never good.

Pte shutdown when











In Other News...Banners Are Back!!hopefully monthly

2 comments:

  1. no one said it would be easy. That’s the thing about life, seems like it gets harder everyday. But you also get tougher.

    ReplyDelete