Watershed

I recently tried live streaming for the first time. It was a 3 hour ordeal, so do not feel obligated to view it.

Overall it went better than expected. It started as messy as you can imagine, and ended on a quieter note, but viewers were very supportive and friendly. They even joined the game I was streaming, and I managed to have a party of 6 by the end, starting from just Dyland and I.

There's a few of things I gotta sort out still though.
The first, and biggest one is the divide: Youtube VS Twitch. I have friends on both platforms, so there's a sort of pull to using either service. I could use both, but that could get complicated.

The second thing is scheduling. I'm a very on-the-fly person, but I understand that people want a structure so they can tune in live and visit with me consistently. But, add to that that I'm going to be  working day-times very soon, and weekend work in general, and time outside that will be my only personal time to see a certain someone: It's a contention point.

Thirdly, I'm timid. This fact was clear enough when I blacked myself out over writing essays, but now the tension is a constant. The expectation to perform daily is going to exacerbate this tension, and performing live on-air, especially for the first while, will not be aiding.

Ultimately, I did enjoy the experience. I plan to continue streaming. But, there's much going on behind the scenes.

i'm still an oopsie


2 comments: