Spiders

Tonight a spider visited me.
It was sitting silently and still on the ceiling above my head as I readied myself for bed.
I would have gone to sleep soundly had I not noticed it.
But I did.
And as I wielded a broom and attempted to end this spider, and failed, and proceeded to lose it to the crevices of belongings, it dawned on me.
Why I hate spiders.
I've had occasional bites from presumably them in the night.
They've always been blamed. The suspected culprit. But there's never been concrete evidence.
But I associate them with this. Imagining a painful? bite. And with other spiders actually being quite dangerous, I've given the common house spider a mightier repitoire than it deserves.
Which is why I hate spiders. That and the part where you fail to remove them and they hide and now you have to try to sleep knowing somewhere in this room, someone's plotting revenge against you.

Goodnight.

Don't let the spiders bite.

The spider right now, probably.


4 comments:

  1. bugs sucks. well lady bugs are cool and dragon flies but thats about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps the bites are actually from other bugs that the spiders would have eaten had you not murdered them...

    ReplyDelete