Dyland's Top Twenty Remixes #17


#17 was created by Pogo for Pokémon and boy
it's one that's embedded in my brain. Partly
due to the randomizer favouring this but
also because it's so darn catchy... get it
because it's called Catchatronic?... I'll let
myself out.

I love the energy, beats and transitions but I'm
sure some find the lyrics a bit repetitive, but
that may be the case for a lot of these remixes. Another little tidbit that myself and others have pointed out that 0:47 sounds like fashion show music. Like it's something that would play at a
vogue fashion show in New York or something
and I'm not sure why.

Nostalgia again plays a factor with this remix as it does for a lot of them. My brothers and I used to have the old Pokemon VHS tapes but we never had YTV so we missed quite a bit of the more modern Pokemon series but it's certainly interesting to see Bertke remix later Pokémon generations because people usually will just remix Generation 1 over and over. 

1 comment:

  1. This was cool! I see what you meant by the fashion show vibe, the song certainly mixes a lot of different calling cards from electro genres.

    ReplyDelete