RO Music REview: A Dream of Her

Welcome to RO Music REview!

First and foremost: Yes, all the songs are made with loops. That alone is the biggest critique, but it'd be boring to read on every post, so just know it's there, and I'm sorry.
I'm curious to know what you think each song did right, where they needed improvement, or just your thoughts on my critique in general!
Without further ado(h), let's begin:


Title: A Dream of Her
Released: April 1, 2008
Genre: Ambient Trance

It starts gently, which though very quiet, does help introduce the tone. Long intro but hard to say if it'd work shortened.
The main synth riff is very atmospheric and it pervading throughout does weirdly work.
The different slew of loops throughout serve to make up for a lack of vocals, but they do sound random.
It is easy to imagine this as a background song in a video game, or featured in a music-based video game.
For a first song though, not terrible.

Rating: 6/10

3 comments:

  1. I liked it! Really gave me SSX Tricky menu music vibes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for me rooftop running scene where they jump from roof to roof

      Delete
    2. Interestinggggg, good to know!

      Delete