RO Music REview: Bomb Factory

 
Title: Bomb Factory
Released: April 3, 2008
Genre: Industrial Techno 

This, paired with "A Dream of Her", shows my general preferred genres to make.
It is without lyrics as usual, though for this style of music, is more common. That said, it is repetitive unsurprisingly. However, it is atmospheric in sounding very metallic and gritty.
The ending sounding like machinery turning off is a nice touch, uncertain if it was really necessary but from listening to other electronic style music, something like that does tends to add more than detract.
Would you hear this on the radio? Never. Unless you were tuned into a free-for-all university station I suppose.
But in a game, or a promo, or a background sound for something industrial related? Potential.
So if the goal was background sound, mission accomplished. But otherwise, not really much more.
The title's a bit odd also, granted it was inspired from a PS2 game where the level was named 'Fireworks factory', so I suppose this is just more the on-the-nose title of that.

Rating: 6.5/10

5 comments:

  1. Haha I'm a bit biased considering I used it as my intro for a series but I still really liked the feel of this one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew you did so! Which series??
      Glad you enjoyed it !

      Delete
    2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tkoebGxBOU

      Delete
    3. suprised he forgot about that

      Delete
    4. I think of TheFatRat's Unity (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8X9_MgEdCg) as the intro song for any prop hunt series from Dyland. Clearly there was others though!

      Delete