Reminiscent of 2008

Before you ask

no this post isnt about moving (I did that already remember i cant do it again im already here what science do you even)
no this post isnt about /censored/ or internetwork
no this post isnt about cafechan that was 2009 noone car (actually its a little about cafechan...)
no this post isnt about 1000
no this post isnt about whatever other shennanigans happened in 2008

This post is about a recent project I've decided to start up in which I had first had to do back in 2008. It was a "Make your own radio station" project in which recordings and songs were mixed together to make a fake radio station. I really enjoyed the project though at the time was halfway to New City so I didn't have any time to make the radio station anything like I intended it to be. I then made a pact with myself to try it again someday.

Then I forgot about that pact because New City. And Cafechan.

 I'm sure Pj's quit reading this post and has unsubscribed by now.

Anyway, these days I've found myself sick with the normal radio. The hit-and-miss of good song bad song makes it hard to enjoy, and with the ads mixed in (which I understand because monies run stations) it makes it further difficult to enjoy. If a station played only good music, the ads would be worth the wait. But my definition of "good" is absurd to expect out of a radio station, and with a car with a CD player, the opportunity to put my skills where my opinion is has come into play. And reminded me of a thing I wanted to do like 5 years ago.

So to actually tell whats going on: I'm making fake radio stations (smooth jazz station called Cafechan FM?) to test my skills, to have something to listen to when going to work, and to play into the idea of a future career I've had. Might be worth a hobby at least if not a job, especially if I'm awful at it.

That probably would've made a much simpler post. Ah well, hopefully somebody enjoyed the read.





 

4 comments: