2018: In Review

This wild ride brought to you by Zoo.

January: I started with resolutions for PTE, including posting more. Mission Accomplished I tried.
Apparently I was still using the Linux Machine in that month. My sister and bro-in-law came to town to visit later this month, which is when the Linux Machine was upgraded to what it is now: The Win10tho.
The month ended with me figuring out the hard way that I had a TV with a faulty connection, and now own double of a console. C'est la vie.

February: Plans to work on Youtube videos began here. I had another opportunity to launch myself  off mountains. My job term at that time finished up, and I was soon planning the next trip to Hometown. I helped Dyland with moving, and the month ended with plans to start painting walls.

March: The Youtube plan went into motion. Life was otherwise simple, lots of appointments for family, and I was a bit of a lazy bun with sleeping in. All that said, I ended up stopping the Youtube Videos, with how extensive the workload was and how my time was expected otherwise, it wasn't working out well.

April: I started my own company, only for it to fold immediately, all assets liquidated, bankrupt, do not pass go-
In all seriousness, I had went and returned from Hometown, with now a plan in place to move back! Something unheard of 6 years ago, but the time had come.
After my birthday I began packing, and enjoying the sun (and spiders...) in the breaks between.

May: With my move on the horizon, the household went into work mode. My uncle came out to spearhead the renos, and I was a secondary helper, trying to keep on pace with deck-building, gate refinishing, painting, micro-tasks, etc.
There was also garage sale adventures, as news of a new coming family member meant preparation.

June: I moved back to Hometown, and PTE was complete. I lived happily ever after. The End.

July: The storybooks lied. Chaos had just began. Is this PTE 2.0?

August: So steaks take a day to thaw-

September: I visited Gamer Jay's cabin, had some wicked adventures. I cleaned up older posts and their profanity. (The secret to making lots of posts is to swear a lot and make garbage posts. Sorry for the quality improvement and continued lack of posts.)
I then went on to discuss why I called it PTE, and celebrated the blog being around for 9 years.
AND BROUGHT BACK BANNERSwait i need to change this months oh no
The month ended with a visit from my mom.

October: Throughout September and into this month, I was helping my sister and bro-in-law with renos for their new house. I made a call-back post as I realized I made a self-fulfilling prophecy. I began live-streaming with Dyland, which has since become an on-going weekly event.
The month ended with my sister and bro-in-law moving in to their own house, now finished renovating. (The main living floor at least)

November: Throughout this month, I messed with coding and thusly brought back desktop features, like the PTE Test Your Luck and BGM, and new features, like the e-mail service. Gamer Jay FM was back as well.
I tried dabbling with coding for game design stuff, as I was re-inspired to try making some projects that have been on the back-burner since the burst of Flash. That said, learning coding takes more than a day. More than week. More than a month.
And my projects remain pretty ambitious. So not surprisingly they are back on the back-burner, as my goal (resolution?) is to make a functional very simple video game.

December: I started the month discussing about social media. (The news-fiend in me continues to this day, its awful)
I didn't post much, as I concentrated on work. And then, life.
I celebrated 7 years with a certain someone.
My parents came to town for the holiday season.
My Niece was born.
It was a magical time of year, and flew by so fast. I was able to be one of the first to hold my new niece. She is adorable :)

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


For 2019, I'm hoping to keep it up at 4 posts a month.
Banners should be still monthly.
I'll be working away at figuring things out. You may hear more from Drills. 
I have no other plans for PTE at this time. If you want more Eric Riccy, there will be Sunday Streams.
I hope to expand on Eric Riccy content more this year as well. Let's see what the end of this decade Brings!




No comments:

Post a Comment