An Update on the Ric-Olzow Character Scene


inb4 zero comments because its about my flash work :D

Anyway, if you're interested at all, I've recently kicked up yet another wave of flash interest, and have been messing with codes and reading up on actionscripting and tutorials galore and blah blah blah and it has been tough, BUT

I HAVE MADE THIS GAME.
(Also you just lost the Game :D)

A few things you should know about it:
-Yes I made it so you can't actually reach the goal.Trololololol. Trust me though, you actually can. (Right click -> Play)

-The coding is fine. It's not golden, but it certainly works.
HOWEVER, If I were to make a full game with this code, my abilities with it would be EXTREMELY LIMITED. I have tried adding code to it (BUT MY KNOWLEDGE IS ALSO EXTREMELY LIMITED AND TUTORIALS HAVE NOT HELPED), but there are only certain things I can do without errors popping up.

-Also FYI the character moves within the frame, not the frame moving to the character.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO, These are my limitations:

-I can only make 1 (one) land-able platform per stage. I can't figure out how to make a second one without both not working and canceling each other out. >:(

-I dunno how to make the character face different directions with the code I have (I checked a tutorial which offered the idea of making the background move to the character, though personally I dunno if I wanna do it that way, it will complicate things; or if I even can make that work with the code I have)

-Same goes for jumping animation for the character

-I can add stuff that 'kills' you, But I dunno how to make them 'kill-able', They would be avoid-only enemies and because of the coding, they have a box around them which the character (who also has a box around him) reacts to. Therefore, you don't actually have to touch the enemy to die from it, just the imaginary box around it. sucks I know, dunno how to fix it.

-also making said enemies move would be limited to a pattern of movement, though I suppose that's not really a limitation (unless you count boss fights, where random movement is key to making the boss harder and therefore funner for the player)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other than these above, I can't think of anything else at the moment that I've been stuck on, other than trying to figure out: If I were to actually make this game, what would it be about? So far I've come up with a game about Amy wanting riccy to come see her because she has an important message to tell him (In person she couldnt send it by mail or messanger pigeon), so riccy must travel across the land (♫ Searching far and wide...♫), and defeat anyone who opposes him (they will be sent by Amy).

However, if I were to use that, how to connect it to my previous work? and should I even? I have yet to actually make the jenny's quiz idea, which I could use to set up for this game. I dunno though, lots of plans but as usual, ROADBLOCK.

Also if you're wondering, '???' is a page. Just a page. Check it out if you're curious. Also the link on it is the 'Ric-Olzow' Logo I'm thinking of using for my newest flash games (that is, if I can sort this all out and make some.) So yeah now you know! :D

Also yes I'm also planning on making flash movies (that will find their way on youtube as well) I'm just more into making video games at moment :P



You are now aware that Pj's blog has nothing to do with Flash Animation Production, when it's supposed to, and this blog does, when it's not supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment