[Update] Summer 2016 and Hometown

As of this past Friday, my practicum has become completed. I still have an essay to write and paperwork to send off, but once done those, I will be set to graduate.

Now with school nearly done, the next progressive step is a job. Things are a bit tricky, as with plans in August, I'm tempted to not try to apply for any work until late August. I'll be looking to find any summer opportunities at least in the meantime, but there's no pressure for me to get a job r-f-n.
That said, I anticipate finding a job past August is going to be it's own hell, so I may be back to retail or the like in the end. But, money is money, and at this point, I just want to start saving up. And succeed at saving this time. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Now if you remember, a few posts ago, I pitched the "What about moving BACK to Hometown?" question.

And Here's the answer:

Living in Hometown taught me a lot. I experienced self-responsibility. I experienced time management. I experienced balancing obligations. I also learned a lot about finances, enough to know that as much as I don't want to base things around money, sometimes it must be done.
If I were to move back to Hometown, it would be for work. No job, no reason to move. I can't afford at this time to move, and once I could, I'd need to be financially stable to stay. Else I end up here again, or worse.

At this time, I'm planning to remain here in New City. I'm lucky enough to have parents willing to put up with me whilst I try to get my bearings. I have nothing to me yet, still new and a nobody to the industry.

My next story is now beginning. Time to PTE Test My Luck.


5 comments:

  1. good luck man i still trying to figure out wat exactly i wanna do as a career. almost 24 years old

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. work experience after work experience. just want paid job

      Delete
  2. hey man, that's the responsible thing to do. gotta pay dem bills

    ReplyDelete