The Decline of RPLO

The Decline of RPLO is a series of events, started supposively by just a drama class not gone too well. It basically is the downfall of the character I love and obsess over so much - Riccy P. L. Olzow.

But why hate a cartoon character just because I had a bad day?
There's reasons behind it. Riccy was meant to be made as a cartoon version of myself, with small personality changes to make him awesomer.
However, the whole Riccy scene never really kicked in. The Green loving, business suit/black-sweater-blue-jeans-green-tshirt, root beer drinking thing didnt work, also I could never demonstrate it in flash. Granted, I never made any decent flashes with riccy in them(Still learning). I still might make more flash movies, but I will not feature Riccy in any of them.
That being Said, I also don't intend to put PJ in any flash movies anymore either, for different reasons, mostly since he's not my creation.

On the Topic of Riccy, the Reason for this all is, During that bad drama class I realized, just how pathetic Riccy was. How he was a desperate attempt at creativity.
I was bored, drawing since I had nothing better to do. I drew PR, a character I created, which started out as a fake alternate personality. I drew Tino, from a series of comics I came up with years ago. And I drew another new character as well.
Comparing these, I saw how Riccy didnt measure up.

So, now with the reality of things. Big deal. I'm not drawing Riccy anymore. Boo hoo.
Though in reality this event seems small, I guarentee theres more to it.
However my feeling towards it is - Its time for change.

1 comment: